10 November 2010

PLAYING CATCH UP

Image via New York Magazine
It's been a little over a week since my last post and a lot has gone down in the fashion world, let's recap. H&M released images of the entire Lanvin/H&M collection and the final Kate Moss for TOPSHOP collection was launched. Both collections were meh. I had actually planned to line-up at H&M on the 23rd and live blog the release of the collection, but I'm not really feeling any of the pieces (except for maybe the sunglasses), so I don't think it will be worth my time and energy to get up at 5am and wait in a long-line with several hundred other rabid fashionistas, pushing and shoving their way into H&M. Moving on.

Speaking of H&M I pretty much own the entire Arizona Dream collection now (well, almost). I bought this leather jacket and these suede pants, however I'm returning the pants because they just don't fit right. Story of my life.

I ordered these Timberland boots. Super excited to get them because winter has arrived in Stockholm in all it's freezing-cold glory (we had quite the snowstorm yesterday).

I bought an apartment! Expect lots of interior design posts in the near future!

The Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art will celebrate the work of the late designer Alexander McQueen in its annual spring exhibition. The show, which will open May 4 and run through July 31, 2011. What I wouldn't give to see it!

WWD turned 100 years old, which in fashion magazine years is like, as old as Jesus Christ.

I am obsessed with short hair after seeing a slew of celebrities chop off their locks—the latest being Ashlee Simpson. How adorable does she look? And check her out channeling Edie Sedgwick here. In the immortal words of Rachel Zoe, "I die."

That's it for now. Expect regular posting to resume now that this past hectic week is behind me.

XO,

Andie

No comments: