25 November 2010

LANVIN LOVES H&M: THE SCORE


Yup, time to be a good little blogger and post my Lanvin <3 H&M collection haul. As I mentioned before, I wasn't totally blown away by this collection. Last year's Jimmy Choo collab had me drawing up game plans on how exactly I was going to score every single piece, so I suppose I was a little disappointed when all the Lanvin images were finally released and I didn't really swoon over any of the pieces—particularly the accessories.

However, one item that I really did love were the sunglasses. Knowing full well most other bloggers had these on their shopping lists, the low price-point and because I didn't bother going down to H&M the morning of the release (or the day after), I sort of gave up hope on scoring a pair.

Well today I had some time to kill in the morning, so I managed to talk my boyfriend into driving me to a sort-of out-of-the-way H&M location that had stocked the collection (Kista is the name of the town, which is a suburb of Stockholm). We ended up getting there just as the doors were opened, and I casually looked around to see if there was anything left.

As I made my way to the back of the store I spotted a small stand with a few of the dresses remaining, and some boxes near the floor.

Not even thinking there were any sunglasses left, I opened one of the boxes to see what was in it. Lo and behold, there they were!



The last pair in possibly all of Sweden, and they were mine! Haha! I didn't even have to wait in line for them, or pay a gazillion dollars for them on eBay! Success! Can you tell I'm excited?


Anyway, there are still items to be had out there. I noticed this morning H&M had restocked their website with quite a few pieces. I was almost tempted to get that yellow one-shouldered dress, but I decided to save my money on a piece from another collaboration that I've had my eye on for a month or so (will post picts soon). Either way, if you were one of the unlucky ones don't give up hope.

Happy shopping!

No comments: